About Roll Hill School
“A Turn-Around School, with College Bound Students”
This is your school: a community learning center (CLC). It belongs to every student, every parent, and every faculty member. Our goal is to create and promote an academically challenging program that fosters each student's social development. Our vision and mission is to provide educational excellence for all.
The ultimate mission of the staff, the Local School Decision Making Committee, Instructional Leadership Team and the Parent Teacher Association is to make Roll Hill the best school in the community through maintaining a student-oriented environment.
Parents can help us reach this goal by:
- Sending your child to school on time each day
- Making sure you read all information sent home
- Assisting with homework
- Making sure your child gets enough rest
- Visiting classes
- Signing your child's plan book daily (Gr. K-6)
- Attending Parent/Teacher conferences
- Joining the Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- Actively supporting fund raising
- Getting involved in the Local School Decision Making Committee
- Maintaining contact with your child's teacher(s)
- Contacting the school whenever problems occur
Our vision is one of educational excellence for all. Roll Hill means:
- R — Reaching each individual's highest academic potential to meet or exceed state standards.
- O — Opening the mind of students so they are comfortable to explore, discover develop risk-taking and problem solving skills.
- L — Learning takes place in a safe and orderly environment
- L — Leading all students in a variety of rigorous instructional approaches.
- H — Helping all children learn at their own developmental level.
- I — Involving our parents, community and school as a working partnership to support student success.
- L — Looking through the window of data based assessments to measure, monitor and increase student knowledge and growth.
- L — Leaving students with a love of learning for life.
Please take some time to view our photos. They prove we have an awesome learning environment.
Before and After School Care
Roll Hill School offers before and after school care for parents:
- 2:30 - 6:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday
- 2:30 - 5:30 p.m. Friday
This service is provided on site by Boys and Girls Club. For more information, call Ms. Debbie, (513) 363-4027.
Community Learning Centers
For our schools to transform, our communities must be revitalized. For our communities to revitalize, our schools must be transformed. They are dependent on each other and Community Learning Centers are the link.
What is a Community Learning Center (CLC)?
Schools and the communities they serve are closely linked. Seldom does one succeed without the success of the other. That's why our CLCs support student achievement, enrich and revitalize communities, and maximize the community's return on their financial investment.
We are very proud to be a CLC and a neighborhood anchor. We strive to go beyond academics to focus on the whole child by serving as a hub for community services that are available to all students, their families and the entire community. We are able to offer a variety services thanks to the collaboration and support of our many partners and the committed communities of Westwood and North Fairmount.
Our Resource Coordinator
Tikierra Crawford-Thompson is the Resource Coordinator for Roll Hill School.
The key component of a CLC is the partners who provide services and support. To manage and align these valuable partnerships, our full-time, on-site Resource Coordinator, Tikierra Crawford-Thompson, plays an integral role in the success of the Community Learning Center.
To learn more about the services available at our school or how your company or organization can become a CLC partner or volunteer, please contact Tikierra Crawford-Thompson at 513-363-4000 or via email.
Local School Decision-Making Committee (LSDMC)
LSDMC is a group of parents, teachers and community representatives. The group functions in an advisory role to the principal, to determine program, policy and budget issues for the school.
School Visits and Tours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians as well as prospective families who would like a tour. To protect student safety, all visitors must register in the office before going to the classroom. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.
Tours are also available on request. To schedule a tour, stop by our main office or call us at (513) 363-4000.
Roll Hill School was built in 1967 on land obtained by Cincinnati Public Schools from the Roll Family who owned many acres of land in the North Fairmount area. The original Roll Hill building was closed as a school in June 1997. The building was torn down starting in December 2003. New building constructed on the site (2411 Baltimore Ave.) opened in August 2005.